Evolution is a lie. If the humans with whom I travel on the bus have been evolving for millions of years, why are they such morons? For example, the bus was extremely full today. I asked some people to move down to the end of the bus in order to create room for others. "There's no room!" said one woman in response to my question. No room...and that's why there were spare seats down the back of the bus. This woman's stupidity resulted in some people having to wait for the next bus. The next bus, the 5.45 bus, hasn't turned up in the last month. I have to shake my head at such people. I feel ashamed to be of the same species as these people!
What do the morons on the bus have to do with my post about tuna mornay? The bus is the maor source of stress in my life. However one thing that is stress free for me is tuna mornay! It's so easy to prepare!:)
Last night I looked at the food options in the fridge that would could make possible tranformations into lunch for today. Nothing. I couldn't bare to have boiled brocoli and carrots again. Instead, I drove to the shop with tuna mornay on my mind:) Given that I already had parsley, yogurt, lemon and butter on hand, I was able to purchase all the other ingredients for less than $6. Margaret and Curtis can't do that!
I also like this recipe as it eliminates bread crumbs, pasta, flour and other foods that upset my tummy. Plus, it incorporates asparagus, one of my favourite vegetables, and eggs too!:)
This recipe is adapted from the tuna mornay recipe in the book OMG! I can eat that?
What you need
Note: red onion would probably be better than brown/white
What you need to do
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and grease a baking dish with butter.
2. Mix tuna, zucchini, parsley, egg, onion, yogurt, lemon juice and tuna in a bowl.
3. Season the tuna mix with salt and pepper.
4. Lay the tomato slices on the bottom of the baking dish.
5. Spoon the tuna mixture over the top of the tomatoes and push down slightly with a spoon.
6. Lay asparagus spears over the tuna mixture.
7. Sprinkle some grated cheese over the asparagus spears.
8. Bake for 25 minutes
Note: I would place the tomatoes on the top of the dish next time; I think it would look prettier.