Thursday, 3 November 2011

Tuna mornay


Evolution is a lie. If the humans with whom I travel on the bus have been evolving for millions of years, why are they such morons? For example, the bus was extremely full today. I asked some people to move down to the end of the bus in order to create room for others. "There's no room!" said one woman in response to my question. No room...and that's why there were spare seats down the back of the bus. This woman's stupidity resulted in some people having to wait for the next bus. The next bus, the 5.45 bus, hasn't turned up in the last month. I have to shake my head at such people. I feel ashamed to be of the same species as these people!

What do the morons on the bus have to do with my post about tuna mornay? The bus is the maor source of stress in my life. However one thing that is stress free for me is tuna mornay! It's so easy to prepare!:)

Last night I looked at the food options in the fridge that would could make possible tranformations into lunch for today. Nothing. I couldn't bare to have boiled brocoli and carrots again. Instead, I drove to the shop with tuna mornay on my mind:) Given that I already had parsley, yogurt, lemon and butter on hand, I was able to purchase all the other ingredients for less than $6. Margaret and Curtis can't do that!

I also like this recipe as it eliminates bread crumbs, pasta, flour and other foods that upset my tummy. Plus, it incorporates asparagus, one of my favourite vegetables, and eggs too!:)

Tuna Mornay
This recipe is adapted from the tuna mornay recipe in the book OMG! I can eat that?
Serves 4

What you need

Note: red onion would probably be better than brown/white

What you need to do
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and grease a baking dish with butter.
2. Mix tuna, zucchini, parsley, egg, onion, yogurt, lemon juice and tuna in a bowl.
3. Season the tuna mix with salt and pepper.
4. Lay the tomato slices on the bottom of the baking dish.
5. Spoon the tuna mixture over the top of the tomatoes and push down slightly with a spoon.
6. Lay asparagus spears over the tuna mixture.
7. Sprinkle some grated cheese over the asparagus spears.
8. Bake for 25 minutes

Note: I would place the tomatoes on the top of the dish next time; I think it would look prettier.

9 comments:

  1. I've just been going through your back catalogue and it was very entertaining. Glad I found yr blog through yr comment on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having lived in Sydney myself, I know what you mean about the bus system there. Even though I am not really a friend of public transport, I think the German transport system is just better and more efficient - still hate the 'Versp├Ątung' that happens from time to time, but I guess we can't have all...;)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ****OOhLookBel****
    I find your blog entertaining too. I like your photos. I like everyone's photos...I'm only learning at the moment:) Thank you for visiting:)

    ****CookingGallery****
    Sydney public transport is fantastic compared to Adelaide's public transport (I think you missunderstood that I was talking about Sydney public transport? It's ok, I want to live there:) ). My buses haven't turned up in the last month. What a joke! I had a driver YELL at me the other week. I took down the serial number of the bus and reported her! The bus company wrote back saying they were sorry and that they had spoken to her. Not good enough - where is my supermarket voucher?! (I always try to complain in order to get something for free haha)

    I found German transport to be very efficient and fast. Only in Winter when it was snowy did I find it to be late.

    I'm going to make Nussecken this weekend yay:) Re-live Germany in my kitchen in Adelaide:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uppss.. apologies! I didn't notice that you're talking about Adelaide's public transport!

    Bus drivers are somewhat the same over here and over there, I don't find the bus drivers in Germany particularly friendly either. I have experienced several times that the bus just left even though I ran like a mad(woman) and finally stood right in front of the bus's door, but it just drove away...!! Something like this is always making me mad! I've got to the conclusion that bus drivers are mostly simply very frustrated people who hate their jobs ;).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe yep it doesn't sound like the people that ride the bus have changed much! It's no better here it seems ;)That tuna mornay looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ****Cooking Gallery****
    No problem:) I found that no one says 'hello' to the German bus drivers. I once said 'hello' to one and he seemed surprised! That is very annoying when you run and run and are SURE the driver saw you and the bus drives off without you:( Your conclusion sounds true!

    ****Lorraine****
    Nope, not at all. Although I notice that at 7am there are slightly less weird people. They usually ride on the bus during the day and late at night. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. But etiquette! Some people just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ****Hotly Spiced****
    They need to visit etiquette school! I would like to go there. I imagine there will be scones and nice china;)
    You're right. Some people don't get it. If they were the ones who had to wait for the next bus...oh different story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehee, love your segue into tuna mornay :)

    ReplyDelete