The days are shorter, the leaves crunchier and orange. Each day, I become colder. I wear gloves to work but unfortunately they do not keep my hands warm. To keep myself warm as I sleep, I wear two pairs of socks and have so many blankets on my bed that their weight crushes me and cuts off circulation to my legs. The other day I was so cold that I went to bed at 18.30 in order to keep warm. Yep, I am rather pathetic. I do not like cold weather. The only good thing about cold weather is that it is perfect for soup:)
Let's go straight to the recipe. Then I can go to bed to keep warm:) Mmmm warmness:)
This recipe is based on Jamie Oliver's recipe for leek and chickpea soup
Serves approx. 4 people.
What you need
- Knob of butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3-4 leeks (or 5 small leeks), washed and sliced (peel off the outer later, cut lengthways and wash off all the soil)
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 large mushrooms (I used 4 large button mushrooms), chopped
- 850ml chicken stock
- 2 handfulls parmesan cheese, grated
What you need to do
- Place butter and garlic into a big hot pot.
- Add bacon and mushrooms to the pot and sautee until bacon is cooked.
- Add sliced leeks to the pot and cook until the leeks have decreased in size and are soft
- Add stock to the pot and simmer.
- Mix in the parmesan cheese. Season with pepper if you so wish.
- Serve:) Mmmmm:)
I used Massel chicken stock
I froze most of the soup and reheated it in the microwave for lunch. Filing, yummy and warm:)
Bed time Weeee:)