grain free carrot cake recipe to become a rooibos rhubarb cake. I was sure it would work. Hmm. All I can say is that this cake is great for weight loss. Why? It is so 'THE FLAVOUR HAS LEFT THE BUILDING' that you will not want to eat more than your first bite! Yay!
I was so disappointed with the cake that I went for a stress relief walk up a big hill! I am still upset about it. *cry* Oh well. I did not have time to cook another 'tea themed' cake, so here is the horrible rooibos rhubarb cake:( This is what not to do when designing a recipe by yourself. See, even though the cake is bad, you still learn something from this post:) And that is ok, right?
Rooibos rhubarb cake
It is horrible. The end.
What you do not need
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons stewed apple
- 1 rooibos tea bag
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 sticks rhubarb, peeled, one sliced into small pieces and one sliced into long pieces
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Slivered almonds, for decoration
What you do not need to do
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a loaf tin.
- Place tea bag and hot water into a cup and let it steep.
- Combine almond meal, butter, egg and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add stewed apple, rhubarb slices and honey and mix until combined.
- Add tea to the mixture.
- Place the cake mixture into the prepared tin.
- Top with long rhubarb pieces and slivered almonds.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. My oven is pretty useles so just watch your cake carefully.
I was trying to be 'healthy'. In the end, I did achieve this goal. I did not eat any dessert and I went for a walk. Great. However, it would have been nice to have shared a nice cake with you all. This cake was all wrong. Strange because the cake upon which I based this one, was fantastic!
Next weekend I will share a grain and sugar packed YUMMY dessert:) I do not know if I will bother with grain free desserts in the future as only one out of a handful has turned out well. This really annoys me!
My blog confuses me a bit. I am so health conscious yet my blog is about all that is unhealthy! 90% of what I share with you is unhealthy. Though 90% of things I actually consume are very healthy. Oh well. Meh.
If you would like to join the Sweet Adventures Blog Hop for May, you still can:) Yay! Pop over to 84th&3rd for the instructions.